Summer Camp Counselor
$8-10 / hour (or optionally class credits)
Axis Academy offers weekly summer camps in 1/2 and full day formats.
As a camp counselor, your primary responsibility will be to assist campers as needed with following instructions and completing the tasks scheduled for each day.
This position can both fun and demanding as the ability levels of each camper can vary greatly. We expect you to help each camper achieve a "get it done" and "I did it!" spirit. To be successful, you will have a caring attitude and good problem-solving skills.
Week-long camps are generally open 8am-12pm and 12:30-4:30 (times may change slightly)
While we don't know exactly when, once our camps reach the minimum capacity, we will be contacting you to confirm an assigned week. Up to 8 weeks are available.
- Assist with activity setup and cleanup
- Assist campers with activities
- Help with registration and check-in
- Basic janitorial services
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Good communication skills
- Gentle spirit - not easily frustrated
- Enjoy working with children
- General computer skills
Nice to have
- Your own transportation
- Speak additional languages
- Computer Programming / Robotics
- Strong analytical skills
What's great about the job?
- Advance your learning while you assist and teach the campers
- Gain experience working in an assistive role
- Earn letters of recommendation for future job positions
- Build your resume with class management and teaching skills
- Participate in process review and help make recommendations on future camps
Explore our services.
What We Offer
1/2 and full day camps - computer, robotics, math and more...
Short-term intensive workshops
Learning the time management and organizational skills
Snacks and drinks will